Round 1 is finished! Onto Round 2 we go. This is where we determine the men from the boys. The women from the girls. Some musicals may have just gotten lucky, but this is a round where all the winners face off. First, we recap.
Updated Bracket: here
- Oklahoma absolutely manhandled The Pajama Game. This wasn’t even close. Pajama Game is apparently Not At All in Love with winning, because they were never in this, losing by 87% of the vote. Now, we put The Pajama Game to bed.
- Annie Get Your Gun beat out the polarizing La Cage aux Folles who, upon hearing the news that they lost 14-9, stomped out of the building, yelling, “I Am What I Am!” Heels and all.
- The Music Man gets the award for most lopsided win (after the number 1 ranked Les Mis, of course), beating Evita 20-3. Even Ricky Martin couldn’t save this matchup, and was definitely heard crying for Argentina in the bathroom stall after this one was over.
- In the Heights beat out the (not so) adorable Annie, taking 70% of the votes. The Sun Will NOT Come Out Tomorrow, so don’t even think about it Annie.
- Pippin defeated The King and I, 15-8, and sends the R&H classic packing. “I Have Dreamed of winning this,” quoted the King. Not anymore sir, not anymore.
- The Sound of Music survived a first round scare against the newer Crazy For You. 12-11 was the final score, and Crazy For You doesn’t have rhythm anymore.
- The Impossible Dream lives on, as Man of La Mancha beat Kiss Me, Kate by taking 63% of the votes. I guess the competition was just Too Darn Hot for Kiss Me, Kate.
- Guys and Dolls edged out South Pacific 12-10. It makes sense though, because South Pacific is In Love With a Wonderful Guy, and was completely distracted throughout this matchup.
- Spamalot laughed its way past How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, taking 65% of votes. Finch and his Brotherhood of Man are going to have to try a little harder to get past King Arthur and his Laker cheerleaders.
- Jersey Boys sang past Little Shop of Horrors, with 52% of votes. Seymour and his plant are going to go find solace Somewhere That’s Green. Its okay, little buddy.
- Mary Poppins flew past 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee by one vote. Its because one of the words in the spelling bee was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. They couldn’t do it.
- Sorry, Dreamgirls, but Book of Mormon is unfairly ranked because of how new it is, and you were standing in their way. Could they Step Into the Bad Side and cause some more upsets? Lets see….
So here we are. Round two. Now, all the winners of the last matchups continue along their bracket path and face a new challenge. Its up to you!
**Voting for this round is finished! Click here to go to this round!**
Annnnnd off we go!