Ohhhh its getting good! We’ve gone from 64 down to 8. THREE of the remaining eight musicals are #15 seeds. That’s incredible. Now, we determine the Final Four musicals left standing.
- Les Miserables rolls along, defeating West Side Story to advance to the quarterfinals. Les Miserables took 66% of the votes in this matchup, and is easily defending its #1 seed. Tonight, Somewhere in America, Something’s Coming to Maria to make her Feel Pretty. Unfortunately, it won’t be in the quarterfinals of this tournament.
- Light in the Piazza continues its unbelievable cinderella-esque run, advancing past the highly touted Mamma Mia to advance, taking 57% of the votes. Thank You for the Music, Mamma Mia, but its time to call an SOS, because the Winner Takes it All, and its not going to be you this time. Better luck next time.
- The upset of this round goes to Hairspray, taking out the #1 Phantom of the Opera. 71% of the votes is a substantial amount to beat the longest running Broadway show of all time, yet, they did it. We’re now past the Point of No Return, and All I Ask of You, is, Why So Silent, Phantom? Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh.
- Legally Blonde is one of three #15 seeds to make it through to the next round, beating In the Heights by taking 70% of the votes. It Won’t Be Long Now until someone is sipping Champagne, but When You’re Home, you can watch the results, because it won’t be you, In the Heights.
- In what I think was the hardest matchup to choose between, Wicked beat my dark horse, Spamalot by a whopping one vote, 11-10. “I Am Not Dead Yet,” said King Arthur, “Whatever Happened to My Part? I’m All Alone.” Sorry, Spamalot, off to Finland you go, because You Won’t Succeed on Broadway this time around. Here’s some advice: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
- Sweeney Todd is another #15 seed to make it through, beating 42nd Street by 65% of the votes. I think its time to be Getting Out of Town, Dames, and Shuffle Off to Buffalo. You know what though? There’s a Sunny Side to Every Situation.
- Book of Mormon had a scare against Into the Woods, winning 10-9. I Guess This is Goodbye, Into the Woods.
- Rent beat A Little Night Music 14-7, ending the run of the #14 seed. Now, A Little Night Music won’t be living the Glamorous Life. It Would Have Been Wonderful if they made it further, but, alas, Send in the Clowns.
On we go! Down to the final 8! Time to make it 4…
**This round of voting is done! For this round, click here**